What should I bring to Galapagos Islands?
In short, less is more when planning your trip to the Galapagos Islands. The less you bring, the less you carry, the more you enjoy your tours. Below are some general suggestions on what you may need when traveling to the Galapagos Islands:
- Hat or a cap
- Sunscreen (at least #15)
- Lip salve or ointment
- Aloe Vera cream or gel for sunburn. Just in case.
- Extra memory cards for digital cameras.
- Waterproof bag for your camera or a plastic bag to keep things from getting wet.
- Camera. If you have an underwater camera would be better.
- Video Camera
- Extra Batteries and the battery charger
- Extra film
- Galpagos Islands use 110V electricity.
Money & Security
- Original Passport
- Copy of passport
- Credit card. There are ATM's on San Cristobal and Santa Cruz Islands only.
- Debit cards. Use is limited in Galapagos, on the mainland is ok.
- USA Cash. It’s better, if you can bring small bills. Bills of no more that 50.00 USD for your extra personal expenses and tips.
- Watch Travel Alarm Clock
- Binoculars and a flash light
- Recipient to bring water
- Shampoo (biodegradable)
- Insect repellant
- Small day pack
I suggest you to bring casual clothes that are light weight, comfortable to wear and walk. Please consider that the flights to Galapagos limit you to a maximum of 20kg.
Comfortable walking shoes (2 pairs). Sturdy sandals with straps, not flip-flops, a wind breaker or rain jacket, lightweight rain suit or poncho and a light wool sweater for cool evenings. T-shirts, lightweight pants and short pants, light cotton socks, 2 or more swim suits, light short sleeve shirts. One extra towel for the beach.